- This event has passed.
Diversity in the Built Environment
14th May 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The RIBA is committed to making architecture and the broader construction industry more inclusive and believes a diverse and inclusive profession, representative of the societies our members work within, is pivotal to meeting the challenges of the future faced by our profession.
In light of the construction industry having the worst gender pay gap and the suggestions that racial equality is potentially an even bigger issue, more needs to be done to address these problems. What are the next steps and how can we make positive changes?
The inspirational speakers will have a platform to promote and discuss methods to push for better diversity within the industry, paying particular focus on gender and race diversity within the Built Environment.
You must register a ticket to attened this event. To register your ticket, click here.
Special guest speakers:
– Deborah Cadman OBE, CEO West Midlands Combined Authority
– Caroline Buckingham, Director Caroline Buckingham Architects, RIBA Vice President Practice & Profession and RIBA Role Model
– Louise Brooke-Smith, UK Head of Town Planning & Partner Arcadis, Past Global President RICS (2014-15)
– Louise Wyman, Head of Strategy Homes England
– Sarah Wigglesworth, Director Sarah Wigglesworth Architects, Previously Professor of Architecture University of Sheffield
– David Ogunmuyiwa, Partner ArchitectureDoingPlace, London Mayor’s Design Advocate
– Yuli Cadney-Toh, Architect Director BDP