Professional Indemnity (PI) is a required business insurance for SBID registered interior designers. To help protect our professionals in practice against the risks associated with project procurement, SBID members can save 15% on a range of business insurance solutions (including professional indemnity) to suit project and business requirements. As you’d expect, terms and conditions apply.
Valid PI cover is a condition of SBID Accredited membership. It’s designed to provide protection from a range of risks, including mistakes in your work, intellectual property disputes, compensation claims and contract disputes. Other covers also provide protection against various risks faced by practicing interior designers.
Explore the FAQ >>
Enquire to Redeem >>
Designed to protect policy holders in financial dispute if clients make a claim against them
Can Cover Legal Costs
Safeguards if disagreements occur by handling the cost of putting things right – including legal fees
Suits Business Needs
Part of a customisable business insurance policy that can be tailored to meet your needs
Enro Ltd t/a Superscript is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FRN 656459.
If you’re found responsible for causing financial loss to your client by providing inadequate advice, services or designs, professional indemnity (PI) insurance can cover your legal costs and the expenses involved in defending a claim, as well as compensation paid to the client.
Although professional indemnity insurance isn’t a legal requirement, some regulatory bodies and professional organisations, including the SBID, make PI cover a condition of membership or accreditation.
Some professionals may be required to have PI cover as part of a contractual obligation, whilst many choose this cover because of the protection and security it provides if their advice or service delivered fails to meet a client’s expectations,
To ensure your business is adequately protected from the risks you may face, you may want to consider getting other covers on top of professional indemnity insurance.
As an interior design professional, some relevant covers you may want to consider include:
The cost of PI insurance varies depending on different factors, such as the level of cover you need, the number of people you employ, your annual turnover and the risks associated with your business activities.
Terms & Conditions:
The 15% discount is available to any SBID member taking out a new business policy with Superscript; it will not be granted in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount, excluding unique referral codes from our Refer-A-Friend programme which can be used in conjunction with the SBID discount. Subject to eligibility requirements.
– The discount offer of 15% off (‘the Offer’) is only available to SBID members who are new online, non-advised Superscript customers.
– The Offer will be applied to your Superscript policy for a 12 month period from the date of policy start date. After the discounted 12 month period, premiums will then be calculated at the applicable rate. You will be informed of any price changes in good time, prior to the anniversary of your policy.
– The Offer will not apply to cancellation fees. In the event that you cancel your Superscript policy within the first 6 months of cover, we reserve the right to deduct, withhold or charge the total value of the Offer from any payments due to or from you.
– To be eligible, you must have been directed from SBID by clicking on the appropriate link and cannot be retrospectively applied. The Offer is not assignable.
– The Offer will be automatically applied to your account by Superscript.
– The Offer will be applied each month, regardless of annual or monthly payment option selection. The Offer can only be used once during any 12 month period. There is no cash alternative.
– The Offer can not be used in conjunction with any other Superscript offer, voucher or promotional benefit.
– The Offer is subject to eligibility requirements.
– We reserve the right to withdraw the Offer at any time.
Discover SBID Accreditation categories for professional interior designers.
SBID Accreditation is the benchmark of professional achievement that signifies the highest level of interior design expertise in the industry, measured by knowledge, skill and experience.
Accreditation distinguishes interior design experts from unregulated providers and equips members with the exclusive industry support, offers and ongoing training necessary for success.
A statement of principles and expectations governing the behaviour of members in their professional conduct. Members are expected to act at all times with integrity, honesty and objectivity.
Find out more about our flexible membership structure.
By subscribing you consent for SBID to use the information you provide to send you tailored news, exclusive industry content, and relevant event information. You can unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
By subscribing, you agree to be added to SBID’s mailing list. As an industry’s standard bearer organisation, we strive to bring you the most up to date news and access to exclusive industry content through our various newsletters.