- This event has passed.
BRAFA Art Fair
27th January - 4th February
The Brafa Art Fair, created in 1956, is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious art fairs, famous for the high quality fine art, antiques, modern and contemporary art and design it offers. Brafa takes place during the last ten days of January. The first major art event of the year, it is considered a reliable barometer of the art market.
- Brafa is one of the art and antiques sector’s top 5 fairs.
- 132 leading galleries participate following a strict selection process (40% Belgian and 60% foreign)
- 16 countries are represented (Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Monaco, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the USA)
- 20 specialities are covered, including classical archaeology, tribal art, pre-Colombian art, Asian art, jewellery, silverware, coins, furniture and art objects dating from the Middle Ages to today, old and modern paintings, contemporary art and design, sculpture, ceramics, contemporary glass and porcelain, carpets and textiles, drawings, original cartoons, engravings, rare books, photography and autographs…
- 100 experts from around the world are involved to verify the authenticity, quality and condition of the different objects on display…
- 10.000 to 15.000 objects are on show in total!
- 2017 will mark the 62nd edition of the fair.
- 58.000 visitors attend from across the world.
- The fair covers 15.400 m².