To complete your entry, you must complete an entry form along with up to 5 images of your final year project to support your submission.
The entry form must include the following;
- The project brief
- How the brief has been achieved
- Any challenges experienced and how you overcame these hurdles
- What, in hindsight, would you have done differently (i.e. more time, improvements, etc.)
- Text should be in either a PDF or Word document
- Supporting images should be in a JPG format (at least 300 dpi).
- File names should include the full name of the entrant, category entered and title of the work e.g. Mary Smith, Interior Design, A&B Shopping Mall.
An example of this submission can be downloaded, here.
Please fill out the form below to submit your entry:
All entries must be submitted by Thursday 31st August 2018 at 1pm.
Late entries will NOT be accepted.
The Ceremony and presentation announcements will take place on 29th November 2018.
- Each submission must be the authentic work of the participating entrant.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry, where there is doubt as to authenticity.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant warrants that it is his/her original work and that they and SBID have permission to publish the material in any forum including but not limited to the SBID website.
- Each entry must be accompanied by visual supporting evidence of the project.
- Repeat entries will not be accepted. Students are encouraged to submit original works completed within the past year (or previous year if a graduate).
The entries must meet the following requirements:
- Qualities such as originality of expression, individualism, creative use of materials and presentation are among some of the criteria considered.
- Students must demonstrate individualism, imagination in concept and in skilful use of materials.
- Sculptures; paintings; fashion collections etc, should be photographed for assessment. There will be no restrictions on size and/or material used.
- All works must be properly presented, and may be framed, dressed or presented in a raw format, the presentation format does not contribute to the judging criteria.
- Selected works may be requested to be displayed at the venue during the awards ceremony.
Each entrant may enter one submission per category; i.e. one of the following media but not limited to:
- Art – sculpture; drawing; painting; print; collage; other pictorial presentation
- Fashion – moodboard; sketch; 3D or graphic visualisations; photography of completed collection; garments
- Interior Design – moodboard; 3D or graphic visualisations; floor plans
- Interior Decoration – moodboard; 3D or graphic visualisations
- Product Design – moodboard; 3D or graphic visualisations; product spec
Failure to present the required works in the correct format, guidelines or by the submission date will result in disqualification from the competition.
Tips for success:
- All university course approved software is permitted for use in presentations.
- In either visual or written presentation, assume that the Judging Panel have no knowledge of technical and non-technical expertise in the category domain. The submission will need to be clearly explained so that journalists outside of the industry sector can understand, in a short three minute presentation, your solution to a problem or innovation.
- In your application form be sure to include an outline of your project brief and explain accurately and concisely how each criteria of your project brief was met as this will form part of the judging criteria.
- Other aspects such as creativity, originality and functionality of the project will also be evaluated for judging.
- Students are encouraged to take full advantage of the resources at their university and consult with their Course Tutor.
- Make sure you have carefully read the Rules and Guidelines to ensure that you are in line with competition expectations.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries submitted to the SBID student competition on time that comply with the written guidelines will be judged, however, only works of the highest quality and presented in accordance with the guidelines will be exhibited.
- Please email [email protected] if you have any queries about your application or how to enter.