SBID membership provides professional interior designers and manufacturers with a competitive business advantage. It endorses professional knowledge and ability and also demonstrates a commitment to deliver the highest possible standards within professional interior design.
Raising your business profile:
- Unrivalled networking opportunities with like-minded companies, professional designers, key industry opinion formers, financial institutions and government. This includes invitations to ‘members only’ SBID sponsored events, forums and trade missions, enabling you to engage with members across all industry sectors.
- License to demonstrate your commitment to excellence by using the SBID accreditation symbol on personal and corporate marketing materials and websites.
- Exclusive access to new markets via transferable international membership rights and accreditations through European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA) and National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) in USA & Canada.
- Membership of an ethical organisation that promotes the industry in government. SBID is represented at both Houses of Parliament and the Bank of England.
- Access to SBID exclusive agreements within the insurance, business finance, asset management, health & safety, employment and travel sectors.
- Invitations to SBID sponsored events for “members only”, forums and trade missions
- Feature products and projects in our newsletters, magazines, website, social media networks, blog
- Complimentary company/agency listing on our website
- Access to ‘live’ design projects via the designer enquiry/request form on the SBID website.
- Active Professional £365 + VAT p.a.
The European Council of Interior Architects (ECIA) requires 4 years of undergraduate education in interior design or interior architecture and 2 years work experience.
In the UK this translates to 3 years of undergraduate education in accordance with the ECIA charter of education plus 3.5 years of professional practice in an interior designer’s or architect’s office, verified by employers validation or portfolio.
However, we are able to accept applications for membership from individuals who do not hold a degree, but who are able to demonstrate that their education and experience satisfies ECIA criteria.
Please contact the secretariat for details on 020 7738 9383 or email email@example.com.
- Design Studio £955 + VAT p.a. for practices between 1 and 5 designers/architects
- Group Practice £2,500 + VAT p.a. for practices between 9 and 19 designers/architects
- Group Practice £5,000 + VAT p.a from 20 designers/architects
Membership provides named professionals with full SBID accreditation and benefits by enrolling as a group practice.
An inactive Professional or Academic Member who is currently abeyant.
An Associate Member is someone who wants to be a designer or an architect but does not have the required degree and/or experience, which is a total of approximately 6 years.
- for a 3 year degree, you must have an additional 3.5 years practical experience.
- for a 4 year degree, you must have an additional 2 years practical experience
- if you hold a diploma, you will require an additional 6 years practical experience.
For all the above categories, see below the info pack
An Industry Partner will be a supplier, manufacturer or provider of support services.
The accreditation `Industry Partner of the Society of British Interior Design’ will be granted.
- Partner £495
- Partner Plus £1,225
- Premium Partner £2,500
- Platinium Partner £5,000
- Students currently studying for a degree in interior design or interior architecture at an SBID recognised university (browse our list here) : £30
- Forum: FREE for 12 students or more joining together from a single university and who qualify for the SBID bursary. To apply for the SBID bursary please contact the secretariat on 020 7738 9383.
VAT is calculated at the standard rate of 20%
SBID Interior Design Membership
Interior design membership with SBID grants you recognition in the industry since it represents the professional knowledge and experience you have gained through recognised qualifications and design projects, or those which you are committed to achieving. In addition to a strong reputation, the membership provides an array of benefits including access to new design job opportunities, exclusive news, events, trade offers and a chance to feature in SBID’s publications. For those who are ready to make significant business advances, reach challenging goals, share their enthusiasm for the industry and meet the eligibility criteria, your membership is awaiting.